Search Charity Events
Teaching English opportunity in Vietnam
Don’t let summer slip by without a camping trip!
Help ethnic minority commuunity in Sapa
English teaching for rural and disable children in Hanoi
This unique program is an opportunity for volunteers to share experiences with the local community, bringing participants a meaningful volunteer program combined with ecological tourism and unique cultural exchange.
Project Background: The hill-tribe groups of Vietnam are a collection of diverse, exotic communities. Despite the natural beauty of their environment they have some of the lowest standards of living, health and education in the country. Many young people from these communities do not attend school and begin working at a very young age.
Project Goals: Work with local ethnic minority groups to develop English language skills, improve life skills awareness, help improve the interactions of local communities with the tourists on whom they depend. During your voluntary time, you will have many chances to make contact with local people, discover their culture as well as do the community works
Your role as a Volunteer
· Provide conversational English lessons to local youth broaden children’s knowledge and help improve education and studying conditions for the village children.
· Assist villagers to improve their language and communication skills and to develop more effective techniques to approach and sell their products to tourists.
· Assist with setting up and improving local home stay projects. Provide advice on food safety, cleanliness and other factors that may make the home stays more appealing to tourists.
· Help people harvest crops and perform other everyday tasks unique to village life.
Suggested Skills and Interests
- A keen interest and willingness to educate the people about ways to protect themselves from diseases and protect their natural environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness to help others
Please contact us on the following details below or visit us www.v4d.asia
Address: Room 301, Building A5, Lane 28, Xuan La Street, Tay Ho, Hanoi
Search For More Articles Related to:
- Movember Men's Health Prostate Cancer Male Depression Charity
- Oil Spill Royal Society for the Protection of Birds
- Miles Hilton Barber
- Ian Botham Knighted
- Kanye West Benefit Concert
- x Close